Whois API LLC ("JsonWhois") provides JsonWhois Hosted Webservice (defined below) to you subject to the following conditions. This is a legal agreement between you and JsonWhois. In consideration of JsonWhois allowing you to use JsonWhois Hosted Webservice and by accessing JsonWhois Hosted Webservice you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement ("Agreement").
- Definition of JsonWhois Hosted Webservice
JsonWhois Hosted Webservice consist of all services and information made available by JsonWhois via the Internet, including the whoisxmlapi.com web site, the JsonWhois web service, and any other properties not covered by separate agreements.
You are granted a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to use any data, images, text, content, tools or other information (collectively referred to as the "JsonWhois Properties") received via JsonWhois Hosted Webservice in accordance with the terms and conditions described herein. You agree that you will provide accurate information when signing up for a JsonWhois Hosted Webservice account. JsonWhois retains all rights not expressly granted by this Agreement.
You may only use JsonWhois Hosted Webservice and the JsonWhois Properties as follows:
- Human Interactive Use. You may interact with JsonWhois Services as a human being in a non-automated fashion.
- Automated Use. You may write an application that interfaces automatically with JsonWhois Hosted Webservice provided that you obtain and use a JsonWhois Services account and that you do not exceed the following usage limits without explicit, prior authorization from JsonWhois:
- No more than 300 HTTP requests every minute
- No more than 10 HTTP requests outstanding (pending) at a time
If you build and distribute an application that uses JsonWhois Hosted Webservice, the same limitations apply to the collective behavior of all installed copies of the application.
- No Abuse. You may not use JsonWhois Hosted Webservice for abusive purposes, nor may the you use JsonWhois Hosted Webservice from applications designed to abuse computer resources accessible through any network—local, wide-area, or internet. JsonWhois does not collect your queries information and is not responsible for any potential abuse stemming from your client application. Abuse includes but is not limited to: unauthorized data mining, denial of service attacks, unauthorized computer system incursions, and any actions that violate applicable laws or regulations. You may not use JsonWhois Hosted Webservice in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair JsonWhois Hosted Webservice (or the network(s) connected to JsonWhois Hosted Webservice) or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of JsonWhois Hosted Webservice. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to JsonWhois Hosted Webservice, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to JsonWhois Hosted Webservice, through hacking, password mining, or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available by JsonWhois through JsonWhois Hosted Webservice.
- Whois Data.
No Resale or Sublicensing. Except as allowed above, you may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, sublicense, transfer, assign, rent, sell or otherwise convey any information, software, products or services obtained from JsonWhois Hosted Webservice or JsonWhois Properties without prior written consent from JsonWhois. You may not allow other parties to use your JsonWhois Hosted Webservice account or login credentials.
- Data usage. You may not use Whois contact information obtained through JsonWhois Hosted Webservice to for any usage where prohibited by applicable law. If you use Whois data from JsonWhois Hosted Webservice in your own application or service, you agree not to allow your users to use the Whois contact information to in a manner that voilates applicable law. In any case, JsonWhois does not collect or analyze your query, you must be responsible for complying with all regulations and laws.
- Display and Transfer. JsonWhois Hosted Webservice provide Whois data primarily for your internal use. You may display to third parties up to ten (10) fields parsed from any given Whois record. You may also display complete records that are raw and unparsed. You may also use parsed data internally in applications or services that you provide to third parties. Except in the aforementioned cases, you agree not to transfer or sell parsed Whois data to third parties. "Parsed data" refers to specific data fields separated from the original record. Examples of such fields include, but are not limited to, registrant name, postal address, postal code, country code, phone number, and email address.
You understand and agree that JsonWhois only logs basic information from your query for up to 2 weeks to ensure proper function of your usage of JsonWhois Hosted Webservice. JsonWhois does not use data from user queries for any purpose other than the ones stated above.
JsonWhois Webservice's historic uptime has been 99.9% over the past year. It is JsonWhois's goal to maintain an uptime of 99.9% or greater. You understand and agree that service outtage can occur due to unexpected reasons, in which case JsonWhois will restore service in a reasonable and timely fashion. JsonWhois is not responsible for any loss as a result of service outtage.
You understand and agree that JsonWhois Webservice's response time can vary depending on many factors including server load, network latency, and technical reasons. Response time can be as low as 500 ms or much longer due to specified reasons above. A "typical" average response time is about 2 to 3 seconds.
You understand and agree that Data returned by JsonWhois Webservice undergo a sequence of backend processes and gets parsed by our intelligent parse system which is constantly improving. Given the freeform nature of Whois Data, parsing error can occur. Raw whois data is always returned for you to validate. Raw whois data can also be incomplete in rare circumstances, in which case it will be stated in the response and you would not be charged any credit.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless JsonWhois and its affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, information providers and licensors, from any claims, costs, losses, damages, judgments and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees, relating to or arising out of any breach of this Agreement or any use of JsonWhois Hosted Webservice by you, or by any other person using JsonWhois Hosted Webservice through you or using your computer.
You understand and agree that JsonWhois Hosted Webservice are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. You expressly agree that use of JsonWhois Hosted Webservice is at your sole risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, JsonWhois disclaims all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and noninfringement. Without limiting the foregoing, neither JsonWhois nor any of its affiliates, nor any of their officers, directors, licensors, employees or representatives represent or warrant (a) that JsonWhois Hosted Webservice, including its content, will meet your requirements or be accurate, complete, reliable, or error free; (b) that the service will always be available or will be uninterrupted, accessible, timely, or secure; (c) that any defects will be corrected, or that the service will be free from viruses, "worms," "trojan horses" or other harmful properties; (d) the availability for sale, or the reliability or quality of any products discussed or referenced in the service; (e) any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage of trade; and (f) that the service is noninfringing. JsonWhois and its affiliates hereby disclaim, and you hereby waive and release JsonWhois and its affiliates from, any and all obligations, liabilities, rights, claims or remedies in tort arising out or in connection with this Agreement, JsonWhois Hosted Webservice, and JsonWhois Properties, whether or not arising from the negligence (active, passive or imputed) of JsonWhois or its affiliates. You acknowledge and agree that any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through JsonWhois Hosted Webservice is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from use of JsonWhois Hosted Webservice. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. You may also have other legal rights, which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
In no event shall JsonWhois, its affiliates, it suppliers, or any of their officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, information providers, or licensors be liable for any consequential, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, or other damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use or inability to use JsonWhois Hosted Webservice, even if JsonWhois has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In any event, JsonWhois's cumulative liability to any user for any and all claims relating to the use of JsonWhois Hosted Webservice shall not exceed the total amount paid by the user for JsonWhois Hosted Webservice during the preceding three month period.
You may terminate this Agreement by ceasing to use JsonWhois Hosted Webservice and the JsonWhois Properties. JsonWhois reserves the right to terminate this Agreement (and/or your account) or discontinue JsonWhois Hosted Webservice or any portion or feature thereof for any reason and at any time at its sole discretion. Upon any termination or notice of any discontinuance, you must immediately stop and thereafter desist from using JsonWhois Hosted Webservice, including the JsonWhois Properties, and any applicable portions or features thereof, and delete all JsonWhois Properties in your possession or control (including from your application and your servers).
This Agreement will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the terms of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, all rights and licenses granted in the Agreement shall immediately terminate. You will immediately delete any JsonWhois Properties or other JsonWhois proprietary information in your possession or control.
- Modification of Agreement
JsonWhois may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, at any time and at its sole discretion, by posting a change notice or a new Agreement on the JsonWhois web site. If any modification is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to terminate this Agreement. Your continued use of JsonWhois Hosted Webservice or the JsonWhois Properties following JsonWhois's posting of a change notice or new Agreement on the web site will constitute binding acceptance of the change. JsonWhois may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, at any time and at its sole discretion, by posting a change notice or a new Agreement on the JsonWhois web site. If any modification is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to terminate this Agreement. Your continued use of JsonWhois Hosted Webservice or the JsonWhois Properties following JsonWhois's posting of a change notice or new Agreement on the web site will constitute binding acceptance of the change.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. Exclusive jurisdiction over disputes arising under this Agreement or regarding use of JsonWhois Services will be in the state and federal courts of and sitting in Collin County, Texas, U.S.A. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect. In any litigation involving this Agreement or the use of JsonWhois Hosted Webservice, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys' fees.
- Entire Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and JsonWhois regarding JsonWhois Hosted Webservice and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous representation, understanding, agreement or communication between you and JsonWhois regarding JsonWhois Services. Except as provided by Section 9, this Agreement may not be amended, varied or supplemented except by a writing executed by both you and JsonWhois that specifically references this Agreement and the provision(s) to be amended, varied or supplemented, and, without limitation of the foregoing, no provision of this Agreement shall be varied, contradicted or explained by any oral agreement, course of dealing or performance, or any other matter not set forth in a writing executed as provided above in this sentence.